Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ranting and then some

Can you see my expression?  Do you hear the relief in my voice?  No?  Oh well, too bad, you don't know what you're missing. hehehe I've said that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, well every day that light seems to get dimmer, then it gets brighter then dimmer, what the heck is it?  A beacon of some kind?  Maybe a close encounter in my future? Who the heck knows.  All I know is that I cannot wait for this semester to be over so that I can take a deep breath and release some of the stress and tension I have.  Working full time and taking a full course load is very time-consuming as well as leaving hardly any time for "me time".  That is a goal I have for myself going forward: no matter what I have to do, every day I will make time for myself, even if all I have time for is to read a chapter in a book, or sew a few blocks together, or watch one episode of a tv show.  I WILL HAVE ME TIME!

Today I put the finishing touches on my 61-page case study, my 18-page NPPM (Network Policy and Procedures Manual), and my Dictionary of Networking Terms for my Site Networking class.  I have 2 more days in which to fine-tune them before they are due then this class will be OVER!!! (do you hear the relief yet?)

I have already turned in my final portion of the group case study, my peer evaluations, and my completed personal journal in my Information Engineering Technology class so until the professor turns on the final exam on the 29th I am done with that class! (can you see my expression yet???)

I have one more module to work on for my Macroeconomics class this week but I completed my final paper and turned it in the other day.  Have I ever told you how MUCH I hate economics classes?  uggggggggg  I've been done with my Oceanography/Marine biology class for the last 2 weeks, just waiting on my final grade in that class. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath, that I make the Deans list again this semester.  But as long as I pass all classes with at least a C I will be okay, not happy, but okay. I think I put too much pressure on myself to succeed but if I don't, what do I have to look forward to?  I want to shine like that beacon I spoke about before, but I don't want to dim, I want to be the brightest beacon out there, the one that screams, look at me, I'll rock your world with everything I know and can do.  I want to "BE THE BEST I CAN BE" and then some.

Went out with my sister-in-law last night just to get out of the house.  We went to a few stores so I could find some things for Sydney and my mom then we went to the theatre to watch Mirror Mirror with Julia Roberts.  It was okay, the dwarves made the movie but it certainly is not on my "to buy" list.  I wish we had gone to see 21 Jump Street or the Three Stooges instead, or even Cabin in the Woods.  I just wanted to laugh and have a good time.  If it weren't for both of us being on the Atkins diet I would have suggested we go out to the club for some dancing and drinks. I haven't been out in a very long time.  Being a grown-up can be depressing sometimes. ;-)

Well, I have some cleaning to do and then it's me time to read Stephen King's 11/22/63. Later Tater.

Kerensa

No comments:

Post a Comment