Sunday, April 15, 2012

"not" in the zone

I am so happy that school is almost over!  However, I'm having to cram to get the remaining work done and I'm just so exhausted.  I totally forgot that I had a final paper due for Macroeconomics that I should have been working on during the whole Spring semester so now I have to rush to get it all researched and written before Sunday, April 29th, plus get the other two classes done and study for the final exams.  At least my Marine Biology class is already over so that is one less class I have to worry about.  But I so can't wait until May 2nd as that is the last day of classes and then I have the whole summer off!  Then I can get back to working on my NYE Mystery from last year.  I'm jonsing to get sewing again.  I'm all caught up on The Secret Life of the American Teenager and am now onto Switched At Birth, which is a really great show.  I can't believe my kids keep getting me into these new shows.  I've been so busy that I only have time to "listen" to the shows on Netflix.  I still have tons of episodes to watch on the DVR in the living room and in the bedroom.  I'm so far behind on Pretty Little Liars that I'm ready to give up and just delete all remaining 7 episodes, but I so want to find out who A is! lol  On top of those three shows, I have episodes galore of: The Secret Circle, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, The River, Fringe, Once Upon A Time, Glee, Cougar Town, New Girl, The Middle, Raising Hope and the entire season of House, not to mention 12 movies that I recorded when we had the free trials of HBO and Showtime and Starz LOL.  OMG, I will never get all of these watched before the new seasons start unless I watch them while I'm quilting this summer.  Not to mention that the final season of Eureka is coming back tomorrow night and Warehouse 13 coming back. I really need to get away from the TV ;-). 

Other than that I'm not doing much else.  I want to learn to hand sew so that I can sit in the living room and make a quilt using those little hexagon templates.  I'm so going to be the cool nanna (when we have grandchildren) who makes quilts for every grandkid and probably for every occasion!   

Sydney informed me yesterday that she is going to be capped next month to become a senior at school and of course, she has to have special clothing: a white blouse, a blue or black skirt, and blue or black dress shoes.  At least I have a few weeks to get it all together and ask for 1/2 day off that day so that we can get ready.  I'm so excited that she is getting interested in doing things at school.  She even is thinking of going to the Prom this year (maybe she said) but for sure next year for her Senior prom. 

Jamie went to MEPS in AL last week and scored 109 out of 110 on the ASFAB test!!!  I'm happy that he finally made up his mind as to what he wants to do with his life but I'm also scared because he has informed me that if he does not get his first choice, Information Security, then he is going for infantry.  Now there is nothing wrong with infantry, my dad was in infantry, a mechanic, but Jamie is my only son and I don't want to lose him.  I have to let him grow up and live his own life, it's just really hard for me.  :/  It is time for him to get out on his own though as he thinks he knows everything and listens to no one.  :| 

One last thing before I go...yesterday the hubby and I went to Ashley Furniture and purchased a new living room set. 




I'm so ready to relax in my new rocker recliner!  I bought 2 of them, one for me and one for Randy.  The kids' sofa also has recliners on each end so they won't fight about who gets to recline and they won't be right up on each other! LOL  Gotta wait 7-10 days for the furniture to be delivered from the warehouse. 

Okay well, I really need to get working on my paper.  Later.

Kerensa

No comments:

Post a Comment