Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Fun

Good morning blog world!  While most people have gone back to work this morning I am lucky that I was able to take the entire week after Christmas off (11 days altogether lol).  I mainly took the week off because I need to start cutting 22 yards of fabric for the NYE Quilt Mystery that my wonderful online Beginners and Beyond quilt group is hosting.  It has been 7 years since I made my first King sized mystery quilt and it's a bit tattered now (I was just learning at the time so my 1/4" seams were not quilt 1/4" rofl) so I figured it was time to make a new quilt for my King size bed.  The fabrics I'm using are:



The background is white on cream and is actually two different fabrics.  I so can't wait to get cutting!  I spent hours yesterday ironing the 22 yards and then realized that I only have 2 yards of color #3 and the instructions call for 2 1/4 yards so today I have to rush down to Jo Ann's Fabrics and grab another 1/2 yard.  I actually switched the colors 1 & 3 around since taking the photo so my color 3 is now the tan fabric.  I will update my blog each day as I get further into the clues.  Saturday is when we start the sewing and I am so excited! :)

The holidays were really good for us.  We spent time with family and friends and everyone was happy with what Santa brought.  I got a new tablet so I have been playing on that lol.  Well, enough for now.  I have to go get ready to head to Jo Ann's to grab more fabric.  Until next time!

Kerensa

No comments:

Post a Comment