Sunday, December 11, 2011

WOW...has it been a while

Yes, I know, I have not updated my blog since September.  School and work kept me pretty busy. I ended up dropping the Java class as it was just too much for me with 3 other classes.  Fall 2011 is over finally, just waiting on my grades. I think I have 2 A's. and a B but have to wait until they are officially published.  I signed up for 4 classes for Spring 2012:

EME3402 - IET: Instructional Technology

ECO2013 - Principles of Economics Macro

BSC2311 - Intro to Oceanography/Marine Biology

EME4622 - Technology Tools: Site-based Educational Networks

Yes, I'm doing it again lol.  But one day I would like to have my degree. Anyway, I have completed another project...a table runner for Mom for Christmas:

Full table Runner

Close-up of center block; this was my first try at making my own applique flower that I pieced together and sewed it down by hand

Front and back

Closeup of quilting pattern (stitch in the ditch) and binding sewn down by hand as well

I am very proud of myself :)  I also sewed together my sister-in-law's quilt top, just need to work on getting it sandwiched, squared up, quilted & bound.  This will be for her for next Christmas:

I bought some really neat-looking chili pepper fabric for the background.  It's just a lap quilt but I hope she will like it.

I also plan on finishing up my other sister-in-law's lap quilt:

Right now it is just up on my design wall but I plan on adding 12x12 blocks of white on white fabric to make it bigger, then either purple or green for the backing. 

One other project I finished was a scrappy Christmas stocking for my niece:

 
Yes, that is a Grace Quilter Pro in the background with a Janome machine.  Mom found it plus lots of other quilt-related items (fabric, books, mags & tons of rulers) for $800.  Quilts up to a King size!!! :) Now I just need to learn how to use it... lol

So that is all that I have managed to work on the past month, as I had time.  I am hoping to make my team at work some simple quilted coasters for Christmas.  Hopefully this coming weekend.  Well, it is time for me to get off the laptop and get myself ready for bed.  TTFN...

Kerensa




No comments:

Post a Comment