Saturday, June 18, 2011

Comfort Cake

Today was very draining for me.  Mom and I went to Kohl's where it was 100 degrees inside, at least it felt like it since I was sweating like crazy just strolling around.  Then we ran over to Jo Ann's fabrics and picked up some fusible felt and a cute purse pattern.  The problem is the pattern I like uses charm squares and Jo Ann's didn't really have any that I liked so I am shopping online for them.  I can't decide between the Dragonfly Summer fabric or Tonga Batiks.  Mom wants to make one for her too.  We stopped by the base and I picked up some Tom Collins mix and some Vodka now that Mom has me hooked on Cherry Vodka Collins drinks :)  I don't drink often but when I do it has to be good.  So one of my favorite liqueurs is Southern Comfort (yes, that is where I got the name Suthrn from lol) and today I found this yummy recipe:

Comfort Cake
Cake
18 ¼ oz. Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
3 ½ oz. Pack Instant Vanilla Pudding
4 Eggs
...½ Cup Cold Water
½ Cup Oil
½ Cup Southern Comfort
1 Cup of Pecans (If wanted)

Glaze
¼ Cup Butter
1/8 Cup Water
½ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Southern Comfort
Combine Cake ingredients. Beat medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased, floured 10” Bundt Pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Cool and invert on the plate. Prick the top, and brush ½ of the Glaze evenly over the top and sides. Cool the Cake again reheat the glaze and repeat. Before serving sift a little Powdered Sugar over Cake.
Glaze: Melt Butter. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in Southern Comfort.
I so can't wait to make it!  Tomorrow is Father's Day and my dad has to work tonight so will be sleeping tomorrow.  The kids and I have breakfast planned for the hubby and a couple gifts.  Tomorrow hubby can do whatever he wants (as long as he leaves me alone while I'm sewing lol).  I'm going to head off here and finish watching Lord of the Rings before heading to the room.  G'nite everyone and Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads out there, especially mine! <3

Kerensa

No comments:

Post a Comment