Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Clay's Choice

I just could not wait until July for the next BAB BOM lesson so I went to Quilt.com and made the June 1997 block of the month "Clay's Choice".  It turned out pretty good but I was a bit off on either the 1/4" seams or when I pinned the blocks to meet up with the blue squares I was off, but it still looks good to me. :)  I'll just have to keep practicing.

When I saved the photo of the block I also found one more photo of one of my WIPs/UFOs:


I can't remember when I made it but I do know it was a mystery quilt and I really had a lot of fun making it.  As you can see it has been stored away in a box for quite a few years now so is very wrinkly lol.  I'm trying to decide on borders since I can't find the fabric anymore (purchased at Wal-Mart) and what I do have left over is not really enough to do much with. 

I'm having so much fun getting back into the habit of sewing again! :D  I just hope I keep up with it.  This weekend I want to start making my table runner and go through fabric to make my TATW quilt.  Well, I need to go clean up the "sewing room" and get ready for bed.  Morning comes early ya know? lol
Kerensa

No comments:

Post a Comment