Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Empty Nesters....again

Good morning!  Today is Wednesday so I've made it halfway through the workweek and still have my sanity. 😂 Just kidding, I love my job and was surprised to be offered to lead our next project even though it is only a 2-week project vs. 2 months, I'm excited to be able to show what I can do, how I can lead, and especially to find out the trends of our analysis. I didn't get to propose or create this project but that is okay because #Teamwork makes the #DreamWork right?

My daughter and grandson finally moved out almost two months ago so we are empty nesters once again and I do love it because we are finally getting our house back in order.  A 2-year-old sure can keep a house destroyed lol.  But while I'm loving the quiet again, and being able to do what I want when I want, I do miss talking with my daughter and the early morning "knock knock Nannie" on my office door when he wakes up.  And I really, really , realllllly miss his sleepy morning hugs and kisses.  Now, when they come to visit, he is all about his pawpaw who takes him on the "vroom vroom" (riding mower), and Nannie is all but invisible. 🙈 This morning I woke before my alarm went off and found myself listening to the quiet house and realized I was listening for my grandson or my daughters' footsteps.  Now I have to just look forward to their visits.  And hopefully, my son will be visiting soon with the other 4 grandkiddos because I miss them so much.  The last time we visited them I was shocked at just how much they have grown in the month or so since we last visited.  I'm missing out on so much of their lives.  At least our kids were able to grow up next door to my parents and only a 25-minute drive from my husband's family, so I don't think my mom missed out on anything before she passed away.  I wish she were still here to see them growing up.  It's so hard to believe Scarlet will turn 10 years old this year! 

Anyway, I have some emails to get through in my quilting folder, and when I say some I mean more like 310 "new" emails, plus those I've looked at before. hahaha 

I did take some time this morning to create my email signatures, take a looksee below, although I have redacted my personal information since I'm sharing them here:

My Coding signature:


My personal signature:

My quilting signature:

And finally, my Analyst signature:

Time for me to skedaddle off to slam through some emails and get myself ready for work.  May you have the most wonderful day!


Kerensa





No comments:

Post a Comment